Are you ready to build the future of human connectivity and embark on a new challenge? Join our high-end B2B tech startup and help us make events available to all!
We are a Norwegian tech startup offering a virtual events platform with the mission to make events accessible to all. We believe in the power of connecting people across the world to make a positive impact and have hosted over 200+ events, 100k+ attendees, and 4,000+ exhibitors across our platforms since our launch in April 2020. Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, our high-end virtual events platform has gained strong traction among some of the world’s most prestigious public, private, and multilateral institutions and events, and we are now in need of more key resources to help us take the next steps and grow the business.
Our team is made up of 30+ amazing people spread across 11 countries, working together with great care to develop an excellent product that our customers just love. We have ambitious goals and in order to grow and truly make events available to all – regardless of geography, financial position, and abilities – we need your help in making sure we create a seamless and bug-free product that can continue to accelerate connections, creativity, and opportunities across the globe.
– Join an exciting global start-up / scale-up – cutting edge technology and platform.
– “Best team ever” culture. International team in 10+ countries. Values: Excellence, Innovation, Fun & Care
– Join a meaningful and sustainable mission – myOnvent makes a huge difference to the environment by reducing the ecological footprint.
– High-performing team with highly skilled people who loves to share and increase knowledge.
– Competitive salary.
– Central office location, nice offices & flexible working conditions (possibility to work remote)
– We listen, we care and we do something about it.
– We get things done and we do them well.
– We move fast but we take our time when it counts.
As our Manual QA Engineer you will be the first line of defence for myOnvent’s products, throughout all the environments, against bugs of any size and complexity. You will be responsible for being curious, courageous and speaking your mind anytime something is not as it should be. You will work closely with our QA Lead and Project manager to predict, identify, raise and troubleshoot any potential issues that may be encountered during the software development lifecycle.
– Make the software better by testing from the early stages of development, according (but not restricted to) the specifications and design
– Create, update and maintain test cases
– Have an in-depth understanding of all functionality on the platform
– Have a good understanding of business critical functionality on the myOnvent platform and have a plan in place for quickly checking them via exploratory testing
– Be able to assess a bug severity and immediately escalate critical bugs to the QA Lead
– Offer support to developers when it comes to the tickets/issues you tested/raised
– Assure multi-device and cross-platform consistency for any new task or important bug
– Devise and communicate to the QA Lead strategies for improving QA processes
– Identify and communicate risks to the QA Lead
– Continuously acquire skills in the field of quality assurance methods and testing procedures, security and performance testing
– Be curious and don’t base yourself only on the “known” but rather also search for the “unknown”
– At least 2 years of hands-on experience in the web development Quality Assurance field
– Professional English proficiency
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience with Postman and/or Apache JMeter
– Experience with Security and Performance testing
– We prefer for the candidate to be based in Bucharest, Romania along with our core tech development team (hybrid office setup) but for the right candidate we are willing to consider fully-remote setups
– The role may involve regional and international travel
Subscribe to get free tutorials, tips, news and development updates to your inbox